Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Olympia - Conditioning is working!

After a few days of gymming, I went back to the Olympia Av walk today, forgetting that a detour would be needed due to demolition of (part of?) McAllister Hall.  The walk went well, with less respiratory stress -- I never really considered begging for mercy, and I'm not totally blown after.   In fact, I was able to keep up a "hurrying" pace (about 24 steps per 10 seconds or 144 per minute) throughout -- which I can't usually do because I get too tired toward the end.

Times were 5:50 at Nevada Street (with detour), 5:18 to GAH (with detour), 5:43 to Observatory Rd, and 8:16 home, a total of 25:10.  So though the time was about a minute longer than my best, all of that was in the detour area -- my times for the last two "laps" were the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment