Friday, June 14, 2013

More Shoulder

The chiropractor was helpful wen I visited.  Among other things, he repositioned the proximal end of the humerus (upper end of the upper arm bone) slightly in its socket, which helped with arm mobility.  He also did various energy manipulations, which helped my neck (a collateral-damage victim of the shoulder injury).  At the end of the session, he said, "Give it 48 hours and call to let ke know how it's going".  Then he laughed and said "My guess is, you'll forget to call [because the problem will be gone and won't b reminding you]".

That seems unlikely.  Though I'm doing better at dodging those activities that seem to irritate my shoulder, it's hard to totally eliminate them, either because of practical concers (stick-shifting my car), or just habit (levering myself out of my office chair on my elbow, which I have done a hundred times every day before my injury, and only twice today, but that's twice too many).

No comments:

Post a Comment