Thursday, June 13, 2013

Shoulder Trip

While in Chicago for my 50th high school reunion, I was taking my exercise walk at a brisk pace.  The weather was smiling and I was happy -- too happy to watch my step.  Next I knew, I had tripped on a cracked and shifted piece of pavement and landed on my knee (skinned) and shoulder (very sore).

After a long phone "exam" by the insurance company's "consulting nurse", she determined that I had not broken anything, dislocated anything, or torn the rotator cuff.  "Just a bad bruise", she opined.  Ice it (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) for 48 hours, then (optionally) apply heat if desired.  Use Tylenol for pain.

It did get less sore and more mobile over the next four days, but then, late at night, I was walking down stairs, very tired, when I must have stepped hard enough to jolt my shoulder.  Ow!  I think it was a small re-injury.  Since, the progress in healing has slowed or stopped.

I am going to see the chiropractor Dr. Kevin Smith today.  I am hoping he can help this situation resolve as he did with my back injury at the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment